Thursday, May 30, 2013

Bookmark card

I am trying a new design - a bookmark card.  I have stitched the floral design and mounted it on the blue "Spring Iris" card stock.  It is hard to see in the image, but I have scored a vertical line beside the stitched design. After the note is read, the recipient can cut along the scored line and be left with a pretty hand sewn bookmark.  I can't wait to send it to someone and see how they like it!  I'm looking forward to making some more with different sentiments.

I have linked up with Close to My Heart's Heart 2 Heart Challenge that is looking for some sewing on this week's creations.  Seeing as all my cards are hand stitched, I thought it would be fun to submit my bookmark card in this week's challenge.


"Just sittin' here...thinking of you."

4 comments:

Karen Day said...

Hmm... on a creative roll, perhaps?? Cute idea, Bon!

Anonymous said...

Love this! I love to sew but not that detailed. It's gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

S`andra V. said...

Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing your fun talents. You've inspired me to try more stitching in my paper crafts.
Sandra V.~http://OhMyScraps2U.blogspot.com

Tamytha said...

Get out of here! What a fabulous card! I'm always a little jealous of those who can sew (and not get blood on their card)...LOL. Thanks for playing along at Heart 2 Heart!