Thursday, January 24, 2013

Rose Celebration

My aunt asked me to help her with a special 90th birthday card for a woman in her sorority.   I drew inspiration from the rose symbal of the sorority and from this week's Freshly Made Sketches card challenge.  As I love to create hand stitched cards I thought it would be fun to try stitching this design. If you look closely, you will see the glass beads that I have sewn on to the embossed paper.  I hope you like it.


Message inside the card:
Happy Birthday


The rose symbal from the sorority.






4 comments:

Karen Day said...

Bon, I'm so impressed with your card! The fact that you took an image and made it into a design is amazing :o) And I thought that those might've been french knots, but I like the glass bead idea even better. Great job on the sketch, too.

Linda Callahan said...

Love the stitching - and the background is perfect to set off your flower! Thank for joining us at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

Wow Bonnie! This is amazing! That stitching is incredible and to think you came up with this on your own!!! Love the texture and those added hand sewn glass beads! Your aunt and her friend will cherish this! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tui Nathan said...

Such a wonderful creation .... I love that embossed background, and that stitched rose is a show stopper .. wow!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!